29 Sep 3 Reasons To Switch To CBD Oil Pet Products For Your Furbabies
The popularity of CBD is growing massively overtime. It has gained millions of fans because of its wonderful benefits to both humans and animals. There are more reasons why you should switch to this type of oil for your pets. We will tackle 3 important benefits your furbabies can get from CBD and about the Endocannabinoid System in this article.
But first, let’s quickly discuss what cannabidiol is through this list:
- It is an element found in a cannabis plant, specifically from industrial hemp.
- This type of element is different from its counterparts because it is non-psychoactive compound that makes the consumer completely safe from feeling euphoric.
- CBD is said to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which helps ease chronic pains and other illnesses, read more here.
- Industrial hemp is rich with CBD content than THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). Unlike other kinds of cannabis from the Cannabis Sativa family of plants that have a higher count of THC.
- THC is another element found in cannabis. It is the type of element that has a psychoactive compound which makes the consumer high if consumed.
CBD Oil’s 1st Benefit: Gives Them A Beautiful Coat
If your pet’s fur is falling out quickly, this should alarm you already. You don’t want your pet to look bald, right? Give them a drop of CBD oil directly on their tongue or mix it with their food. This for sure will give them a beautiful coat and will even keep them healthier and strong.
Feed them also with quality pet food and bath them every once in a while. You can also take them out of your home so they could also have fresh air to breathe. Give them an exercise regimen as well to keep their muscles active.
2nd Benefit: Keeps Their Stress Away
Like humans, our pets go under pressure and stress too. When we are stressed we keep on looking for activities and medication so we can shrug it off, so it is also important for pet owners to give out medications for their pets. There are types some types of pet supply that are now circulating in the market , either in a physical store or online, to help alleviate their stress and keeps up their moods. If you don’t know how to tell if your pets are stressed out, here are some of the many activities or reactions they do to keep you alarmed:
- Shaking or pacing – it may sound a bit normal for our pets to shake after a bath, you’ll even find them adorable just by shaking their bodies. But if this happens in events like visiting a veterinarian, our pets are undergoing stress. It is advisable to give them a drop of cannabidiol before taking them out for a regular check-up.
- Panting – this sounds normal too if you took them out for a jog or walk. But if your pet is doing nothing and they keep on panting rapidly, this should now alarm you.
- Changes in eyes and ears – your pet is cute especially when they do facial reactions and expressions. Through this, you can say your pet is stressed if their pupils are dilated and blink rapidly.
3rd Benefit: An Additional Care For Their Heart And Mind
Cannabidiol is said to have good heart and mind benefits. There are positive results of CBD. It is known to be a protector for neurodegenerative diseases such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s diseases
- Dementia and other illnesses that prevent our brain to function normally
It is not just that! Cannabidiol can also be of cure to insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
The Endocannabinoid System
This system can be found in human bodies and animals as well. The endocannabinoid system or also known as ECS is responsible for transmitting signals to our central nervous system which results in physiological and cognitive processes. You can read more about it on this website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5877694/.
The ECS generally affects:
- Appetite and digestion
- Nerve function
- Motor control
- Cardiovascular function
The points listed above are just a few of the many areas an Endocannabinoid system could affect our bodies and for our animals as well.